One of our favorite things about the holidays is decorating cookies with the family. While sugary buttercream frosting is delicious, we wanted to test out some healthier alternatives. Below you'll find a few options from Chef Aaron Holliday for a healthier holiday tradition.
Coconut Cream Frosting (dairy free, gluten free)
2 cans coconut cream (not coconut milk)
1/3 cup sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, powdered sugar)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Chill coconut cream in can for at least 24 hours
2. Turn can upside down and open from bottom. Pour off coconut milk (save it for smoothies) so you are just left with the cream.
3. Add coconut cream, sweetener and vanilla to bowl of stand mixer
4. Beat on high until well mixed and fluffy
5. Add frosting to Little Green Pouches for easy, mess-free cookie and cupcake decorating
If you want to flavor or color your frosting naturally, add fruit and/or veggie purees to the frosting. Blueberries, beets, and carrots all provide great color and some extra nutrients.
© Copyright 2017 Copyright Little Green Pouch. All Rights Reserved. Ecommerce Software by Shopify