Author: Jax from Cooking with Jax
When to Introduce: 12+ months (always check with pediatrician)
1. Peel and slice pears being sure to discard the core, then add them to pot.
2. Scrape vanilla beans and add both the scrapings and pod to pot. If you are using vanilla extract, omit until the very last step so it doesn't evaporate.
3. Stir in honey, then place lid on crock pot.
4. Cook on low for 8-12 hours or high for 6-8 hours.
5. When pears are as soft as you would like them to be, then blend the entire mixture (an emersion blender would be good for this step). I like to blend my sauce until completely smooth, but by all means leave it chunky if that's what you prefer. Once you are finished blending the sauce, return it to the crockpot to warm back up (about 20-30 minutes on high), then transfer to mason jars.
NOTE: To make pear butter, return pear sauce to slow cooker and cook on high, without lid for and additional 2-4 hours, until sauce has turned a deep caramel color.
Fills 6-8 Pouches
Stars: Pears are high in fiber and contain a fair amount of vitamins C, K, B2, B3, and B6. Pears are also high in folate.
Printable Recipe Card:
© Copyright 2017 Copyright Little Green Pouch. All Rights Reserved. Ecommerce Software by Shopify