Paleo-Friendly No Oat "Oatmeal"
Author: Paleo Plan
When to introduce: 20+ months (check with your pediatrician) *
1/4 cup walnuts (really any nuts will work, though)
1/4 cup pecans
2 Tbs ground flax seed
1/2–1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 dash of freshly ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbs almond butter
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more if desired)
2 tsp pumpkin seeds
1 handful of fresh berries (optional)
1. Add walnuts, pecans, flax seed and spices to a food processor and pulse mixture to a coarse grain (make sure to stop before it is ground into a powder). Set aside.
2. Whisk together eggs and almond milk until the consistency thickens and becomes a loose custard.
3. Thoroughly blend the mashed banana and almond butter together and add it to the custard, mixing well.
4. Stir in the coarse nut mixture.
5. In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove until the “no-oatmeal” reaches the desired consistency and the whisked eggs look firm as though cooked; this should only take about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
6. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and berries on top. Add more almond milk if desired.
Servings: About 4-5
← Asparagus Chicken Soup
Leave a Reply