Author: JC from What Housewife
When to Introduce: 6+ months (always check with pediatrician)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut butternut squash in half, lengthwise and place on lined baking sheet.
3. Cook squash until form tender (about 90 minutes)
4. Cool squash, then remove it from the skin, discarding seeds and skin
5. Place squash, banana and coconut milk in blender. Blend to desired consistency, adding additional milk as needed.
6. Fill pouches and serve, or freeze for the perfect lunchbox snack. By the time the lunch bell rings, your little one will have a perfect, cold smoothie to enjoy.
Fills 4 Pouches
Stars: Coconut milk provides Lauric Acid, an essential fatty acid with antibacterial qualities, which is also found in breast milk. Butternut squash provides significant amounts of potassium, important for bone health, and vitamin B6, essential for the proper functioning of both the nervous and immune systems.
Printable Recipe Card:
© Copyright 2017 Copyright Little Green Pouch. All Rights Reserved. Ecommerce Software by Shopify