Back to school is a crazy time of year. Going from carefree summer schedules to the structure of school schedules can be tough on the whole family. But one thing we do love about this time of year is the motivation to get organized (and hopefully keep it that way). Here are 8 tips to help you get organized before school starts.
1. Shop smarter, not harder. Get your school supplies early. Don't find yourself running around at the last minute. Target has thousands of school supply lists right on their website, so you can shop online, have it shipped right to your door. Done, and done!
2. Get the right gear. Choose items that make your life easier. Little Green Pouches and bento-style lunch boxes like Easy Lunchboxes, allow let you prep a week's worth of lunches at one time.
3. Set up an easy to follow morning routine. A morning routine makes everyone's life easier because the entire family knows what to expect. Put the power in your kids' hands and give them the confidence to complete their morning routine on their own. We love using a clock with simple prompts so kids know when different tasks should be completed in order to get out the door on time. Or use visual prompts with fun magnets that show what tasks need to be done.
4. Practice, practice, practice. The week before school starts, begin practicing the morning routine. Get up at same time you will have to for school, and practice getting out the door on time. To make it easier on everyone, go somewhere fun like out to breakfast or to the park to celebrate a successful practice.
5. Meal prep. Did you know you can make PB&J sandwiches ahead of time and freeze them? Throw them in your kid's lunch box in the morning and it will be thawed by lunch. Same goes for smoothies - you can freeze them right in your Little Green Pouches. For busy nights, spend some time to stock your freezer with ready to cook meals like enchiladas, lasagna, and crock pot dump meals.
6. Take the pain out of getting dressed. Lay out a week's worth of outfits so they are ready to go. This idea from Krazy Koupon Lady is so cute.
7. Set up a homework station. Get your kids excited about doing homework by creating a special spot just for homework with all the supplies they will need (this will also help keep them from getting up 100 times because they need something).
8. A place for everything and everything in its place. Prevent the school morning scramble by having everything in its place so nothing gets forgotten. Forms, homework, backpacks, lunchboxes—have a designated spot for it all.
© Copyright 2017 Copyright Little Green Pouch. All Rights Reserved. Ecommerce Software by Shopify