Homemade baby food doesn't have to be complicated or require a lot of time or fancy equipment. A couple regular pots and pans and a blender or food processor is all you really need. 10 minutes is really all you need to make healthy recipes for your little one. Invest a little bit of time each week, fill your Little Green Pouches, and you'll have a fridge and freezer stocked with yummy, healthy baby food ready to enjoy at home or on-the-go.
Happy cooking! Want more Real Food recipes? Check out our favorites.
Did you know almond milk is super easy to make? While there is nothing wrong with store-bought almond milk, we want to share how simple real food truly is. Plus, when you try homemade almond milk, you may never buy it from the store again—it is so yummy. You can use this recipe in any of our recipes that call for almond milk.
Homemade Almond Milk
Recipe adapted from TheKitchn
2 cups organic raw almonds
4 cups water
Vanilla, honey, agave syrup for flavoring and sweeteners
Makes about 4 cups almond milk.
The Environmental Working Group released an updated guide to pesticides in produce. This guide includes the best and worst produce when it comes to pesticides.
We use these lists to decide what to buy organic, and what we can buy conventional in order to save money. Without further ado, here is the list. You can download it here, too.
Looking to add some out of the box items to your baby registry? Or maybe you want to give a gift to your favorite mom-to-be that you know she will love but maybe didn't think of? These are our favorite unique baby shower gift ideas.
1. Frida Baby Bitty Bundle: You guys. Everything from FridaBaby has been a lifesaver. I recommend the Windi and NoseFrida to every mom I know. And give a pack of Windis to everyone for their shower. It is the only thing that truly worked in those early months when baby was extra gassy. This may not seem like an "exciting" gift, but I promise mom will thank you every time it saves her sanity and means she gets a little extra sleep. This kit is packaged cute and includes the NoseFrida, Windi, NailFrida and Fridet the MomWasher (a hospital bag must-have!).
2. First Foods Starter Kit: I started thinking about homemade baby food before my son was even born. I would have loved to be prepared with everything I needed to get started.
3. Honest Company Healing Balm: We use this for everything from chapped lips to diaper rash.
4. Oribel Portaplay: Most expectant moms register for things they will need in the first few months. But what about after baby is 6 months old? I always recommend that moms remember to register for a handful of products they will need later in baby's first year. We love this activity center because it truly grows with baby and can be used in many different ways.
5. Meal Delivery Subscription: This is a great gift that new parents will appreciate in the early weeks when they barely have time to shower, let alone decide what's for dinner and go to the grocery store. This is especially nice if you live far away from the parents and can't bring a meal over in person.
6. Cate and Levi Stuffed Animal: These stuffed animals are one of a kind, handcrafted from Premium Reclaimed Wool.
7. Luxurious Robe & PJ Set: Think about mom, not just baby. Mom will love having a cute, comfortable new "outfit" to wear after baby's arrival.
8. Cleaning Service or a Roomba: This would be a great group gift. Give mom the gift of a clean house by purchasing a gift certificate for a local cleaning service. She will appreciate having one less thing on her mind and having a clean house. Or, give her a Roomba - the gift that keeps on giving (and cleaning).
9. Photo Printing Gift Card: Make it easy when it's time to print some of those adorable baby photos.
10. Monkey Mat: So versatile. Perfect for the park, beach, airport, or even at home. Another one parents will appreciate down the road.
Want to make an effort to be more eco-friendly in 2017? Me, too! But where do you start? What is realistic for you and your family? Here are some ideas.
Going green doesn't have to be all or nothing, and it doesn't have to mean completely changing your lifestyle. Every little bit helps, and we want to help you get started with 6 resolutions you can make in 2017 that will make an impact.
What are your New Years Resolutions?
© Copyright 2017 Copyright Little Green Pouch. All Rights Reserved. Ecommerce Software by Shopify