One of our favorite things about the holidays is decorating cookies with the family. While sugary buttercream frosting is delicious, we wanted to test out some healthier alternatives. Below you'll find a few options from Chef Aaron Holliday for a healthier holiday tradition.
Coconut Cream Frosting (dairy free, gluten free)
2 cans coconut cream (not coconut milk)
1/3 cup sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, powdered sugar)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Chill coconut cream in can for at least 24 hours
2. Turn can upside down and open from bottom. Pour off coconut milk (save it for smoothies) so you are just left with the cream.
3. Add coconut cream, sweetener and vanilla to bowl of stand mixer
4. Beat on high until well mixed and fluffy
5. Add frosting to Little Green Pouches for easy, mess-free cookie and cupcake decorating
If you want to flavor or color your frosting naturally, add fruit and/or veggie purees to the frosting. Blueberries, beets, and carrots all provide great color and some extra nutrients.
Oh, chia seeds how we love you. You have more omega 3’s than salmon, more potassium than bananas, more calcium than milk, and are loaded with antioxidants, and you're also a complete protein.
Store-bought chia seed drinks, though? They are so tasty, but also so pricey. Once you realize how easy they are to make yourself, you may never go back to buying them. Here's how to make them.
2 cups of tart cherry juice (or the juice of your choice such as pomegranate juice)
2 cups water
6 TB chia seeds
1. Warm water, add to cup with chia seeds.
2. Stir well until chia seeds start to expand. Cover and put cup in the refrigerator. Let sit overnight.
3. The next day, stir juice into chia seed gel and mix well.
4. Pour into Little Green Pouches and store in fridge.
Fall is the time for comfort food, slow cookers and yummy recipes. We want to see what you are cooking this fall. Share a photo of your favorite fall recipe on Facebook or Instagram and tag the photo #LittleGreenFall for a chance to win our Fall Recipe Contest. Here's the deal:
1. Enter via Instagram or Facebook October 11-31st. Upload a photo of your favorite fall recipe, tag Little Green Pouch and use the hashtag #LittleGreenFall Enter multiple recipes for more chances to win.
2. Be sure to tag Little Green Pouch and use the hashtag #LittleGreenFall
3. One randomly selected winner will win a 6-qt. slow cooker, cookbook, and LGP prize pack.
'Tis the season for all things pumpkin, so we've put together our favorite pumpkin recipes for fall.
One lucky winner will receive:
A Little Green Pouch Starter Kit (you choose the size pouches)
A one-year membership to Plan To Eat. Plan to Eat is an online meal planner app that allows you to add and organize recipes, drag those recipes onto a calendar to plan them, and the software automatically creates your shopping list based on your planned recipes. By providing tools that streamline the meal planning process Plan to Eat equips households to eat better food, eat together, save money at the grocery store, and have a less stressful cooking experience in the kitchen.
A container set and one lunch bag (winner chooses color) from EasyLunchboxes. EasyLunchBoxes are the fastest way to pack school lunches. And the cooler bag is specially designed to carry the containers upright. Food and lids stay put. Great for work, school, and travel.
Enter Below: a Rafflecopter giveaway
© Copyright 2017 Copyright Little Green Pouch. All Rights Reserved. Ecommerce Software by Shopify