Spiced Carrots and Raisins
Author: Holly from genymommy
When to introduce: 8 months (check with your pediatrician)
Stars: Carrots are very high in beta carotene, easy to digest and are packed full of nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Calcium. Raisins are rich in two essential minerals- magnesium and potassium and are rich in iron. They also contain calcium, zinc and fiber, and are also high in antioxidants.
1 lb carrots
1 small apple
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Peel carrots and slice length-wise, then cut into smaller chunks (the smaller the chunks, the faster they’ll steam).
- Peel apple (if desired – older babies will enjoy the texture and nutrients the skin provides), core and slice into chunks.
- Steam carrots, apples, and raisins for approximately 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Add steamed carrots, apples and raisins to blender or food processor with spices.
- Blend until desired consistency is achieved. Add 1 tbsp of water to thin if necessary.
Servings: Fills approximately 3-4 Pouches
Printable Recipe Card:
Broccoli and Pear Puree →
← Red Pepper Puree
Leave a Reply