Author: Michele from babyfoode
Stars: Carrots are very high in beta carotene, easy to digest and are packed full of nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Calcium. Cherries are a great source of calcium and millet is high in magnesium, which is shown to reduce the severity of asthma in children.
When to introduce: 8 months (check with your pediatrician)
1. Toast millet in small sauce pan over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, then pour in 1 cup of water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cover for 20 minutes. Take off heat and let sit for an additional 10-15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 425. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Wash, peel and chop carrots into small 1" pieces. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir and add cherries. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
4. Let cool slightly, then place carrots and cherries into a blender or food processor and blend until nice and smooth.
5. Add puree to millet and mix for a chunky puree. For a smoother puree, blend millet with carrot and cherry mixture to desired consistency.
Servings: Fills 5 Pouches
Printable Recipe Card:
© Copyright 2017 Copyright Little Green Pouch. All Rights Reserved. Ecommerce Software by Shopify