This weekend we whipped up a batch of DIY crayons. They were such a hit on Instagram, we decided to share the how-to with all of you. First of all, why DIY crayons? Do you find crayons break all the time, and you are constantly replacing them? These giant crayons will last a lot longer. You can buy oversized, "toddler" crayons, but they are expensive. So this super easy DIY version is a great solution.
All you need is an oven, a muffin tin, and crayons. You can use all the broken crayon pieces you have laying around, or use new crayons that you break yourself.
1. Preheat oven to 250
2. Gather crayons and remove wrappers. Tip: soak crayons in warm water, and wrappers will fall right off.
3. Sort by color, and place crayon pieces in muffin tins
4. Place muffin tin in oven until crayons melt (about 15 minutes)
5. Turn oven off. Let crayons cool for a bit in oven (about 30 minutes)
6. Remove crayons from oven, and let cool completely
7. Remove from muffin tin and enjoy!
© Copyright 2017 Copyright Little Green Pouch. All Rights Reserved. Ecommerce Software by Shopify