We are so excited to have partnered up with My Life and Kids and Prescribe-Nutrition for for a fun feature and giveaway all about the challenge we all face at one point or another. You have either been there or will someday will be there. At the point where your little one who used to eat everything suddenly only wants ice cream, cheese or candy.
If you’re feeling challenged sneaking in the nutrients your child needs, but aren’t quite sure where to start, Prescribe Nutrition has got you covered with their upcoming course called Kids Rule.
READ MORE →
A couple weeks ago our team exhibited at The ABC Kids Show
in Las Vegas. If you are not familiar with The ABC Show, it is one of the largest tradeshows for the baby industry.
None of us had ever done anything like this, so it was quite an adventure and a huge learning experience. We thought we would document what we learned (both the practical and humorous) so we can remember the experience for years to come. Here are our tradeshow tips for rookies:
- Pay extra for the carpet padding. It is worth every penny. Without it, you will be stuck standing on a thin layer of carpet on top of concrete floors. Note: your feet will still hurt no matter what.
- No matter how careful or confident you are, don't drink red wine if you are wearing all white—you WILL eventually spill on yourself.
- Location, location, location. Booth location really does matter. Now that we know the layout and flow of the show, we will pick a booth space with higher traffic next year to make sure we have as many booth visitors as possible.
- We learned what a "line sheet" is and that buyers like paper order forms. But our high-tech iPad set up sure looked cool. :)
- Get creative to get buyers' attention. Just saying, "Hi," doesn't work. One trick we discovered was to read the names on buyers' badges from a distance. As they approached we would address them by name. Every single person would do a double-take and you could see the "Do I know her?" look on their faces. Even if they didn't buy our product, it made them laugh and remember us.
- Wear comfortable shoes. A no brainer, but even if you think a pair of shoes are comfortable for everyday occasions, they may not be for 4 straight days on your feet.
- If you provide candy in your booth, be prepared to eat it all yourself. Let's just say the four of us never want to eat another green, white or teal M&M again.
- Bring extra hands. We were so lucky to have Kerry from eepples join us and he was such a huge help. Between having to construct our entire booth to trips back to the hotel for forgotten items and runs to Kinko's, Kerry was a lifesaver.
- Assembling a mountain of IKEA furniture in one day will lead to serious carpel tunnel.
- The staff at the Courtyard Marriott at the Convention Center are amazing. They were so sweet, helpful and accommodating to our crazy group that included 4 adults, an infant, and a sick toddler.
- Industrial trash cans make great dollies in a pinch.
- Do not try to sell your booth furniture on Craigslist after the show. Otherwise you will have to do this:
- And will look like this after it's all said and done:
- Leave town Friday night right after the show. Apparently no one leaves Vegas on Friday nights:
Until next year, ABC!
Looking back a year ago, we were feeling every emotion you could imagine—excited, scared, hopeful and proud. Today we remain proud of the product we have created and the company we have become. Of course, without our customers, Little Green Pouch would not have made it past the first month, so we want to celebrate with YOU! We are throwing a surprise party on our site. Click below to reveal the surprise party sale!
And speaking of proud, Melissa's first born, Bailey, is also celebrating a milestone—her 2nd birthday! Bailey has been along for the Little Green Pouch roller coaster ride since day one (literally). She never ceases to entertain, challenge and inspire us! Plus, she's pretty damn cute! Happy birthday, Bailey Gray!
We were thrilled to be part of Bump Club and Beyond’
s Gearapalooza with The BabyGuy
which came to San Francisco this week. Gearapalooza is the "Ultimate Baby Gear and Registry" event for moms and moms-to-be that is touring six cities around the country this year! The San Francisco event took place over two days at Sprout San Francisco
, one of our original retail locations.
We had a great time chatting with the moms and dads at the event and loved meeting Jamie Grayson
(who, by the way, is just as hilarious in person as he is online). Mom, dads and little ones all enjoyed Little Green Pouches filled with an amazing Organic Late Harvest Peach with Thyme mixture from our friends at Fresh Baby Bites
. The recipe and pouches were a hit—just take a look.