Looking to add some out of the box items to your baby registry? Or maybe you want to give a gift to your favorite mom-to-be that you know she will love but maybe didn't think of? These are our favorite unique baby shower gift ideas.
1. Frida Baby Bitty Bundle: You guys. Everything from FridaBaby has been a lifesaver. I recommend the Windi and NoseFrida to every mom I know. And give a pack of Windis to everyone for their shower. It is the only thing that truly worked in those early months when baby was extra gassy. This may not seem like an "exciting" gift, but I promise mom will thank you every time it saves her sanity and means she gets a little extra sleep. This kit is packaged cute and includes the NoseFrida, Windi, NailFrida and Fridet the MomWasher (a hospital bag must-have!).
2. First Foods Starter Kit: I started thinking about homemade baby food before my son was even born. I would have loved to be prepared with everything I needed to get started.
3. Honest Company Healing Balm: We use this for everything from chapped lips to diaper rash.
4. Oribel Portaplay: Most expectant moms register for things they will need in the first few months. But what about after baby is 6 months old? I always recommend that moms remember to register for a handful of products they will need later in baby's first year. We love this activity center because it truly grows with baby and can be used in many different ways.
5. Meal Delivery Subscription: This is a great gift that new parents will appreciate in the early weeks when they barely have time to shower, let alone decide what's for dinner and go to the grocery store. This is especially nice if you live far away from the parents and can't bring a meal over in person.
6. Cate and Levi Stuffed Animal: These stuffed animals are one of a kind, handcrafted from Premium Reclaimed Wool.
7. Luxurious Robe & PJ Set: Think about mom, not just baby. Mom will love having a cute, comfortable new "outfit" to wear after baby's arrival.
8. Cleaning Service or a Roomba: This would be a great group gift. Give mom the gift of a clean house by purchasing a gift certificate for a local cleaning service. She will appreciate having one less thing on her mind and having a clean house. Or, give her a Roomba - the gift that keeps on giving (and cleaning).
9. Photo Printing Gift Card: Make it easy when it's time to print some of those adorable baby photos.
10. Monkey Mat: So versatile. Perfect for the park, beach, airport, or even at home. Another one parents will appreciate down the road.
Want to make an effort to be more eco-friendly in 2017? Me, too! But where do you start? What is realistic for you and your family? Here are some ideas.
Going green doesn't have to be all or nothing, and it doesn't have to mean completely changing your lifestyle. Every little bit helps, and we want to help you get started with 6 resolutions you can make in 2017 that will make an impact.
What are your New Years Resolutions?
One of our favorite things about the holidays is decorating cookies with the family. While sugary buttercream frosting is delicious, we wanted to test out some healthier alternatives. Below you'll find a few options from Chef Aaron Holliday for a healthier holiday tradition.
Coconut Cream Frosting (dairy free, gluten free)
2 cans coconut cream (not coconut milk)
1/3 cup sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, powdered sugar)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Chill coconut cream in can for at least 24 hours
2. Turn can upside down and open from bottom. Pour off coconut milk (save it for smoothies) so you are just left with the cream.
3. Add coconut cream, sweetener and vanilla to bowl of stand mixer
4. Beat on high until well mixed and fluffy
5. Add frosting to Little Green Pouches for easy, mess-free cookie and cupcake decorating
If you want to flavor or color your frosting naturally, add fruit and/or veggie purees to the frosting. Blueberries, beets, and carrots all provide great color and some extra nutrients.
Oh, chia seeds how we love you. You have more omega 3’s than salmon, more potassium than bananas, more calcium than milk, and are loaded with antioxidants, and you're also a complete protein.
Store-bought chia seed drinks, though? They are so tasty, but also so pricey. Once you realize how easy they are to make yourself, you may never go back to buying them. Here's how to make them.
2 cups of tart cherry juice (or the juice of your choice such as pomegranate juice)
2 cups water
6 TB chia seeds
1. Warm water, add to cup with chia seeds.
2. Stir well until chia seeds start to expand. Cover and put cup in the refrigerator. Let sit overnight.
3. The next day, stir juice into chia seed gel and mix well.
4. Pour into Little Green Pouches and store in fridge.
Fall is the time for comfort food, slow cookers and yummy recipes. We want to see what you are cooking this fall. Share a photo of your favorite fall recipe on Facebook or Instagram and tag the photo #LittleGreenFall for a chance to win our Fall Recipe Contest. Here's the deal:
1. Enter via Instagram or Facebook October 11-31st. Upload a photo of your favorite fall recipe, tag Little Green Pouch and use the hashtag #LittleGreenFall Enter multiple recipes for more chances to win.
2. Be sure to tag Little Green Pouch and use the hashtag #LittleGreenFall
3. One randomly selected winner will win a 6-qt. slow cooker, cookbook, and LGP prize pack.
© Copyright 2017 Copyright Little Green Pouch. All Rights Reserved. Ecommerce Software by Shopify